"In golf, customs of etiquette and decorum are just as important as rules governing play. It is appropriate for spectators to applaud successful strokes in proportion to difficulty but excessive demonstrations by a player or his partisans are not proper because of the possible effect upon other competitors. Most distressing to those who love the game of golf is the applauding or cheering of misplays or misfortunes of a player. Such occurrences have been rare at the Masters but we must eliminate them entirely if our patrons are to continue to merit their reputation as the most knowledgeable and considerate in the world." (Written April, 1967)
Robert Tyre Jones Jr. (1902-1971)
President in Perpetuity
Augusta National Golf Club
All Masters patrons and guests are asked to follow these simple rules:
- The Masters Tournament is an international competition and the contestants are invited guests. Everyone should be treated with courtesy and respect.
- Everyone is requested to display the traditional customs of etiquette, decorum and behavior, and to obey all Tournament policies, signs and verbal instructions of Tournament officials. Protests of any kind are prohibited.
- For the safety of everyone, and in keeping with policy established at major sporting events, running is considered to be unacceptable behavior.
- In fairness to spectator access and viewing, only one stool/seat will be allowed per person entering the grounds. Seats in observation stands are not to be reserved and stools/seats are not to be unattended for any inordinate length of time.
- For security purposes, all ticket purchasers and holders consent to the reasonable inspection of his/her property before entering and/or during the Tournament. Refusal of such an inspection or possession of prohibited items will result in exclusion/removal.
Cell Phones, Cameras and Electronic Devices
Cell phones, PDAs, pagers and other electronic devices are strictly prohibited on the grounds at all times. Cameras are strictly prohibited on Tournament days. Violation of these policies will subject the ticket holder to removal from the grounds and the ticket purchaser to the permanent loss of credential(s).
- Cell Phones
- Bags, Backpacks, Purses, Packages. *Personal bags/belt bags/purses no larger than 10"Wx5"Hx5"D are allowed.
- Cell Phones/PDAs/pagers/Electronic Devices
- Cameras are allowed ONLY on Practice Rounds days - Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Weapons of any kind (regardless of permit)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Beverage containers/Coolers
- Folding armchairs/Rigid type chairs or stools
- Radios/TVs/Tape Recorders
- Additional Guidelines
Autograph Policy: For player safety and protection, there is a NO AUTOGRAPH POLICY enforced on the golf courses for the practice and Tournament days. Autograph seeking is allowed only on the parking lot side of the Clubhouse.
Attire: Appropriate clothing and shoes should be worn at all times.
Safety: Guests are asked to exercise due care at all times. Under wet conditions the grounds may become slippery and appropriate precautions should be observed.
Animals/Pets: No animals or pets are allowed onto the grounds except animals necessary and specially trained to assist or guide the physically impaired.
Please observe all scoreboards/message boards for the WEATHER WARNING sign. This sign is displayed in advance of inclement weather moving into the area if Augusta National officials become aware of such weather. When the sign appears, you are advised to take precautions even before play is suspended. Suspension of play will be signaled by the sounding of an air horn or similar alert. You should seek shelter immediately upon hearing the alert.
Corporate Sporting Events is not affiliated with nor does it imply affiliation with The Masters Golf Tournament, Augusta National, Inc., The City of Augusta, The PGA of America, or any other organization listed herein. Corporate Sporting Events is not authorized, licensed or endorsed by Augusta National Inc. to sell any goods and/or services in conjunction with Augusta National, Inc. events. The terms Masters, The Masters Golf Tournament and Augusta National as well as all associated graphics and/or logos, are registered trademarks of The Augusta National, Inc. and are used herein for informational and factual description purposes only.